On Saturday 5th September Co‐operative Energy and Community Energy England jointly hosted the third annual Community Energy Conference at the Said Business School, Oxford University.
This was certainly Co-operative Energy’s best community energy conference yet in terms of attendees, press coverage and political influence.
Over 270 delegates from across the community energy movement were in attendance to hear from a range of speakers sharing their experiences and offering advice on getting projects up and running.
Speakers at this year’s conference included:
- Ramsay Dunning, Co-operative Energy, 'Co-operative Energy, winner of EU's 2015 Renewable Energy Award for its User Chooser service'
- Dirk Vansintjan, President of REScoop, the European Federation for community energy groups
- Philip Wolfe, Chairman of Community Energy England
- Emma Bridge, Chief Executive, Community Energy England
- Ed Mayo, Secretary General, Co-operatives UK
- Mike Smyth, Chairman, Energy4All
- Anna Harnmeijer, Research Associate, Scene Consulting
- Dr Barbara Hammond MBE, Chairman of Community Energy England
The day was split into two sections: seminar talks and workshop sessions, where the keynote speakers and workshop speakers discussed topics such as:
- opportunities and barriers
Visit the website to view:
The Co-operative Energy Community Conference Presentations
The Co-operative Energy Community Conference Report
Photos from The Co-operative Energy Community Conference